CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 28, 2007

Friday 28 Dec 2007

Well ! This is my first run at a blog, or journal of any sort. And, as any who know can vouch for, I am not a typist nor particularly gifted in the English language.

The doctor's follow up happened this morning and it was decide to continue my IV antibiotics. The redness, swelling, and the pain continues to present evidence that the infection is still active. I am able to walk a limited amount ( a few steps really) without the walker, and I can sit for a few minutes at a time. Cherished amounts of time since bed rest is really getting on my nerves ( and sore butt). While I feel much better on all fronts. there is still some residual effects from being in the hospital for two weeks.

On that note I have nothing but praise for the staff of Kaiser Sunnyside Hospital. Nearly all went the extra mile in their care of my health. The nurses and aides were phenomenal at anticipating my needs and catering to my conditions and my pains. I was treated with respect and dignity, even in the most embarrassing of situations. Long has it been since any other woman but my wife has seen any form a tan line, much less anything else. And I am quite certain my mother was the last to have to worry about the details of my bathroom visits decades ago. All in all I was measured, poked, prodded,bled and fed, bathed, wiped,rubbed, scrubbed, changed, dressed, undressed, slathered, lathered and pampered by a wonderful set of men and women. Thank you.

In that vain of thought there are many thank you's due from Myself and from my family. My next post will be to try and address all those who have helped and prayed and called.

0 comments: